I stepped into my first hatha yoga class in 2006 to ease neck pain and, since then, I have never stopped practising! Without any medicine, I managed to get rid of the pain and the tensions. More importantly, I could gradually connect better with my feelings and grasp the signals sent by my body. I have also learnt to accept, here and now, the state of my body, not only its strength and its flexibility, but also its limitations and its weaknesses. This experience is useless, if I do not enjoy it off the yoga mat as well, in my daily life. This is exactly the purpose of yoga: to accept what is and “be one with”, with myself, with the other, with any situation.
I am imbued with the beginner’s spirit: any pose already done hundreds of times is a new pose which brings about a new experience. And, if I am open to it, it makes me closer to who I really am. The necessary changes then come up in my personal and my professional life. That is why, in 2011, I felt the need to teach. So, while I keep on training, I share what I have been receiving. Teaching is now for me another way of learning. In 2018, life carried me away from my comfort zone in Brussels to Guadeloupe.
Yoga is just part of my life!
- Viniyoga – Étude et Transmission du Yoga – School of Claude Maréchal. I got my diploma in September 2013.
- Institut de YogaThérapie – Led by Lionel Coudron in Paris – Yogatherapy (physical and physiological pathologies) – One year, from September 2012 to June 2013.
- Essential Yoga Teacher Training with François Raoult, from Open Sky Yoga Center, located in New York. I got my diploma in July 2014 (Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) 200).
- I successfully completed the study of Restorative Yoga with Judith Hanson Lasater and got my certificate as a Relax and Renew® teacher in June 2015.
- I attended modules of yoga for children with Catherine Nozeret, in Brussels.
- I successfully completed the study of prenatal and postpartum yoga with Carla Anselm, from Open Sky Yoga Center, and got my certificate in February 2016.
- I continue studies and training with seasoned Iyengar yoga teachers.
- I successfully completed the study of Corean Relaxation with Viviane Gutlerner (trained by Jean-Bernard Rishi) and got my certificate in January 2016.
- I successfully completed the study of Restorative Yoga with Roger Cole and got my certificate in October 2016.
- I have followed the Foundation Training in Somatic Movement Education with Lisa Petersen.
I am a registered member of A.B.E.P.Y. (Association Belge des Enseignants et des Pratiquants de Yoga), of Viniyoga Fondation (France), of Yoga Alliance (USA) and of Yoga Alliance International (India).